Visit London adds Sports Marketing Surveys as awards sponsor
LONDON - Sports Marketing Surveys has joined the list of award sponsors for the Visit London Awards 2007, which take place at The O2's IndigO2 on November 29.
The sports market research agency is sponsoring the Sports Tourism Award at the ceremony, which is described by the organisers as the "Oscars" for the capital's tourism industry.
Members of the public can vote for entries in a wide range of categories ahead of the Visit London Awards event, which is sponsored by Eurostar.
Stephen Proctor, managing director of SMS, said: "Our research has shown that sports fans behave very differently to the more traditional tourist and have a significant impact on a host city's economy.
"Our support for Visit London with this award reflects our commitment to improving the understanding of requirements and motivations of sports fans and in ensuring a proper financial return on the investment made in staging these events."
Voting is still open through the awards website for some award categories, including:
Business Venue of the Year, sponsored by Confex Group
Business Event of the Year, sponsored by ISES
Best Visitor Information Initiative
Sustainable Tourism Award, sponsored by Green Tourism for London
Best Celebration of Cultural Diversity, sponsored by London Unlimited
Sports Tourism Award, sponsored by Sports Marketing Surveys
Best Tourism Experience, sponsored by SML Events
Award for Outstanding Customer Service, sponsored by TNS Travel & Tourism
Marketing/PR Campaign of the Year, sponsored by London Calling Arts
Accessible Tourism Award, sponsored by the London Development Agency
Visitor Attraction of the Year, sponsored by London Planner published by MVP
Hostel of the Year
Small Hotel/B&B of the Year
The Special Award for Outstanding Achievement.
The winners will be announced at the Visit London Awards on November 29 at IndigO2.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Senior Ad Ops Executive Salt £27000 - £28000 per annum, London