Visit London adds Sports Marketing Surveys as awards sponsor
LONDON - Sports Marketing Surveys has joined the list of award sponsors for the Visit London Awards 2007, which take place at The O2's IndigO2 on November 29.
The sports market research agency is sponsoring the Sports Tourism Award at the ceremony, which is described by the organisers as the "Oscars" for the capital's tourism industry.
Members of the public can vote for entries in a wide range of categories ahead of the Visit London Awards event, which is sponsored by Eurostar.
Stephen Proctor, managing director of SMS, said: "Our research has shown that sports fans behave very differently to the more traditional tourist and have a significant impact on a host city's economy.
"Our support for Visit London with this award reflects our commitment to improving the understanding of requirements and motivations of sports fans and in ensuring a proper financial return on the investment made in staging these events."
Voting is still open through the awards website for some award categories, including:
Business Venue of the Year, sponsored by Confex Group
Business Event of the Year, sponsored by ISES
Best Visitor Information Initiative
Sustainable Tourism Award, sponsored by Green Tourism for London
Best Celebration of Cultural Diversity, sponsored by London Unlimited
Sports Tourism Award, sponsored by Sports Marketing Surveys
Best Tourism Experience, sponsored by SML Events
Award for Outstanding Customer Service, sponsored by TNS Travel & Tourism
Marketing/PR Campaign of the Year, sponsored by London Calling Arts
Accessible Tourism Award, sponsored by the London Development Agency
Visitor Attraction of the Year, sponsored by London Planner published by MVP
Hostel of the Year
Small Hotel/B&B of the Year
The Special Award for Outstanding Achievement.
The winners will be announced at the Visit London Awards on November 29 at IndigO2.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham