WPP Digital expands Asian presence with Quasar Media
LONDON - WPP Digital has further bolstered its presence in Asia by acquiring a 75% controlling stake in India's digital marketing agency Quasar Media, for an undisclosed sum.
New Delhi-based Quasar Media specialises in creative digital media, search marketing and optimisation, and eCRM.
The WPP group bought its fifth Chinese agency of the year last month, when it acquired marketing services company MeThinks.
Quasar Media, which reported revenues for the year ending March 31 of 103.6m rupees (£1.3m), has clients across the mobile and technology sector, including Microsoft, Motorola, Monster.com and Airtel.
The agency, which employs 73 people, will continue to be managed by Harish Bahl, its existing chief executive officer, and Manish Vij, chief business officer.
WPP said the acquisition was part of its continuing strategy of developing services in fast-growing markets and sectors within its digital operations.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Brand Partnerships Manager Lipton Fleming £20000 - £25000 per annum + Bonus , London