WPP Digital expands Asian presence with Quasar Media
LONDON - WPP Digital has further bolstered its presence in Asia by acquiring a 75% controlling stake in India's digital marketing agency Quasar Media, for an undisclosed sum.
New Delhi-based Quasar Media specialises in creative digital media, search marketing and optimisation, and eCRM.
The WPP group bought its fifth Chinese agency of the year last month, when it acquired marketing services company MeThinks.
Quasar Media, which reported revenues for the year ending March 31 of 103.6m rupees (£1.3m), has clients across the mobile and technology sector, including Microsoft, Motorola, Monster.com and Airtel.
The agency, which employs 73 people, will continue to be managed by Harish Bahl, its existing chief executive officer, and Manish Vij, chief business officer.
WPP said the acquisition was part of its continuing strategy of developing services in fast-growing markets and sectors within its digital operations.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Ambassador Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London