Visa narrows $650m global media review to two
SAN FRANCISCO - Visa is believed to have narrowed its search for a global media agency to OMD and Mediaedge:cia.
The two agencies go through to a final round after an initial phase that also included fellow incumbents Starcom and Aegis Media.
A final decision on the $650m business is expected by early December. At present, OMD handles the company's business in Asia-Pacific and the US, while MEC is in charge of Europe, according to Media Asia.
Starcom currently holds the account in Canada, while the Aegis relationship is via its Velocity sports marketing agency. The brief calls for a particular focus on Visa's Fifa sponsorship strategy (Media, 11 September).
Visa recently appointed Antonio Lucas as its first global CMO, following the departure of EVP of global brand marketing John Elkins.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Middleweight Artworker become £32K, London
- International Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East
- PR and Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- International Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, South East region
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford