I'm a Celeb pulls in viewers as Lynne Franks evicted
LONDON - 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!' did well for ITV1 over the weekend as PR guru Lynne Franks was one of three evicted from the show, which brought in more than 7m viewers on Saturday and Sunday nights.
The show was boosted by a string of evictions with Franks becoming the third to leave, and TV chef John Burton Race and football commentator Rodney March the fourth and fifth.
On Saturday night, 'I'm a Celeb' took on BBC One's 'Casualty' and came out on top. According to unofficial overnight figures, the ITV1 programme secured 7.2m viewers and a 32.4% share of viewing in its 9.15-10.45pm slot, while on BBC One 'Casualty' was watched by 5.8m viewers and earned a 24% share in its 8.45-9.45pm slot.
BBC One had the edge earlier in the evening when its own celebrity-driven effort 'Strictly Come Dancing' attracted the best audience of the weekend, 9.3m viewers and a 39.3% share, from 6.15pm-7.15pm.
ITV1's talent show 'X-Factor', at 6.45pm-8pm, still managed to bring in 8.8m viewers, equal to a 36.7% share of viewing.
On Sunday night, BBC One again had the edge with the second episode of Dame Judi Dench period drama 'Cranford' getting 7.9m and a 28.6% share.
'I'm a Celebrity' went directly up against it from 9pm but in a longer slot, and brought in 7.3m or 28.4%.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- QC Portfolio Sport 100, London (Greater)
- New Business Manager Beyond The Book £30,000-£40,000 +bonus+car, Derbyshire / Leicestershire / Lincolnshire / Northamptonshire / Nottinghamshire
- Marketing Manager Nu Creative Talent £26500.00 - £33000.00 per annum + excellent benefits, Hertfordshire
- Midweight-Senior Creative Team Major Players £50000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Communications Executive Haymarket Media Group Dependant on Experience, Teddington, London (Greater)