Nokia taps social media
BEIJING - Nokia has launched a new social networking site, www.cool.nseries.com, touting it as China's first online meeting point for the brand's core twentysomething demographic, who are invited to post, discuss and argue about what's cool or not.
The website, designed and produced by Eight Partnership, encourages users to congregate to exchange opinions, photos and links on fashion, gadgets, music, style, movies and cool hangouts, with vistors able to create their profiles.
Viral videos have been created to promote the site, produced by One Production and shot by Beijing director Wuershan. The videos feature MC Farmer, a real-life farmer who offers his take on the origins of hip-hop.
The videos have been uploaded to various video-sharing sites, including YouTube, Tudou and 6.cn, and have already generated significant interest online.
A key element is the 'Battle for cool', challenging users to compete and vote to rank coolness. The topic for battle is chosen each month by well-known personalities. Further engagement will be driven by exclusive one-to-one video interviews with the celebrities.
The website has been extended into a WAP portal, allowing users to upload cool findings directly from their mobile phones, as well as preview the monthly winners.
The site is designed to promote Nokia's N-series range of phones, and there will be an exclusive NSeries user section on the WAP site to reward existing Nokia phone holders.
“Content in trendy magazine is often dictated by editors, but this is a website for individuals who are seeking a real viral community where they will find a depth of involvement with their peer group,” says Simon Xue, digital marketing manager at Eight Beijing.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Recruitment Consultant Michael Page Digital £25000 - £3000 per annum, Kingston upon Thames
- Senior Community Manager Michael Page Digital £25000 - £45000 per annum, West End
- Online Marketing Manager Michael Page Digital £35000 - £38000 per annum, London
- Client Director Michael Page Digital £50000 - £55000 per annum, Leeds
- Senior Marketing Executive Network Marketing £25000 - £30000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director - FMCG to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London