Help The Aged relaunch charity gift website
LONDON - Charity Help The Aged has revamped its website ‘Cows ‘n' Things', which allows users to shop for gifts to donate to the most disadvantaged elderly people around the globe.
Goats, cows, toilets, bee-hives, medical equipment and even small businesses such as tea shops, all ranging in price from £5 to £400, can now be bought and donated through the website.
Users can search for gifts by price, category or alphabetically, or can browse through stories of those who have been helped by the scheme.
The site also features an updated basket system, personalised messages and multiple address deliveries.
Twentysix London has added fun and quirky creative elements to the site to ensure consumer engagement. These include a post-purchase email that shows animation of a box being dropped from an aeroplane.
Paul Coffey, client services director, Twentysix London, said: "Simple functionality and clear navigation are key to encouraging visitors to buy gifts from themselves or on behalf of others to help people on the other side of the world.
"'Cows 'n' Things' is a positive scheme that can provide aid at grass roots level and we have conveyed that optimism through bright graphics, fun animation and by featuring the stories of the elderly whose lives have been transformed by donations."
The site goes live in early December.
Separately, CAF (Charities Aid Foundation) is launching an online advent calendar. Each day, CAF will open a door on the calendar to reveal a donor and their favourite charity, explaining why they support them.
The aim of the advent calendar is to raise awareness of lesser-known causes and to encourage people to think about the range of charities that need their support.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Online Editorial Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits, London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London