Church sends message through Facebook
LONDON - The Church of England is releasing a series of virtual Christmas cards on social networking site Facebook that have been designed by Church leaders.
Each card can be downloaded for free by Facebook users and sent with a personalised message.
Recipients will receive links to a number of websites, along with the card, to find out more information about their local churches and the Christian faith.
The Bishop of Willesden, the Rt Rev Pete Broadbent, who has a page on Facebook, said Christmas was the perfect time to get the Christian message across.
He said: "[Facebook] is a quick and easy way for people to stay in touch and the Church needs to use websites like this to reach out to as many people as possible."These virtual cards are a simple idea but I hope they capture the imaginations of Christians across the country who want to spread the life-changing message of their faith among their friends."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- New Business Manager - creative agency Dynamic New Alliances £55000.00 per annum + bonus, London
- Senior Brand Manager - Oral Care Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment Senior Brand Manager - Oral Care, London
- Account Director Gemini Search £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum, City of London
- Senior Project Manager (Digital) Dynamic New Alliances £50000 - £60000 per annum, City of London
- Digital & Print Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £33000 per annum + amazing bonus scheme & benefits, London