Aegis Media buys Apollo Marketing
AUCKLAND - Aegis Media has acquired the retail marketing firm Apollo Marketing, which has offices in Auckland and Sydney.
Apollo specialises in retail, promotional and experiential marketing and services clients including Coca-Cola, Foster's, New Zealand Telecom and Nestle.
The company will not be rebranded, and the current management team - general managers Ruth Money in New Zealand and Will Riley in Australia - will remain in place.
The acquisition sees Aegis make an early play for the retail space in Asia-Pacific, and there are plans to expand the company's retail expertise in 2008.
"We're looking to make similar buys next year, but retail is a tough sector to move into as most companies are too niche to make sense as acquisitions," said Patrick Stahle (pictured), CEO of Aegis Media Asia Pacific.
"Buying Apollo will help our clients get closer to where consumers make purchasing decisions," he added.
Apollo Marketing was founded in 1992, and opened an office in Sydney in 1999.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Luxury Designer become £ - Negotiable, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 per annum, London
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London