Aegis Media buys Apollo Marketing
AUCKLAND - Aegis Media has acquired the retail marketing firm Apollo Marketing, which has offices in Auckland and Sydney.
Apollo specialises in retail, promotional and experiential marketing and services clients including Coca-Cola, Foster's, New Zealand Telecom and Nestle.
The company will not be rebranded, and the current management team - general managers Ruth Money in New Zealand and Will Riley in Australia - will remain in place.
The acquisition sees Aegis make an early play for the retail space in Asia-Pacific, and there are plans to expand the company's retail expertise in 2008.
"We're looking to make similar buys next year, but retail is a tough sector to move into as most companies are too niche to make sense as acquisitions," said Patrick Stahle (pictured), CEO of Aegis Media Asia Pacific.
"Buying Apollo will help our clients get closer to where consumers make purchasing decisions," he added.
Apollo Marketing was founded in 1992, and opened an office in Sydney in 1999.
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire