LG in hunt for global digital and media networks
LONDON - LG Electronics has kicked off a search for its first worldwide media agency network and first global digital marketing partner.
It is understood that two Publicis agencies -- Publicis Modem, the network's digital unit, and MediaVest, its media planning and buying agency -- are in the running for the digital and media accounts. Decisions are expected within weeks.
LG was unavailable for comment at the time of writing.
Earlier this year, LG awarded a global project for its digital display business to a joint team from Agency.com and TBWA. LG's pan-European media business is handled by Starcom, while other markets are held by an assortment of different agencies such as Dentsu in China.
The reviews follow last week's appointment of Bartle Bogle Hegarty to LG's $350m consolidated global brand-and-product account.
LG is also looking at pairing BBH, which has just six offices around the world including New York and Shanghai, with a larger global network for local assignments.
Previous reports have suggested that LG is exploring the possibility of pairing BBH with Publicis Groupe, which holds a 49% stake in BBH. Under this arrangement, BBH would plug into the network to roll campaigns out globally.
Commenting on the appointment of the BBH, Dermot Boden, LG's recently named first chief marketing officer, said: "Our goal is to make the strongest connection possible with our business partners and end-user consumers with LG's category-leading products and services."
LG's business is split into four core divisions: mobile communications; digital display; digital media; and audio and digital appliances.
The divisions cover a range of products from mobile phone handsets and flat-panel TVs to air conditioners and washing machines.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham