Aegis acquires Australian agency Apollo Group
LONDON - Aegis has acquired Apollo Group, the largest independent promotional marketing agency in Australia, for an undisclosed sum.
Apollo's services cover all areas of promotional marketing, including consumer promotions, promotional printing onto game cards and packaging, experiential marketing and promotional insurance programmes. Its clients include Coca-Cola, Foster's, New Zealand Telecom and Nestle.
The agency has also developed the Apollo Marketing System, which enables the collection, manipulation and outputting of promotional data such as unique codes, prize messages and predictive sports games.
Apollo will not be rebranded and the current management team, comprising general managers Ruth Money in New Zealand and Will Riley in Australia, will remain in place.
Aegis is planning to expand the company's retail expertise in 2008.
Patrick Stahle, CEO of Aegis Media Asia Pacific, said: "We're looking to make similar buys next year, but retail is a tough sector to move into as most companies are too niche to make sense as acquisitions.
"Buying Apollo will help our clients get closer to where consumers make purchasing decisions."
Robert Lerwill, CEO of Aegis Group, said: "Promotional marketing is an important tool in the advertising mix. Apollo has vast experience in this area, great management and a blue-chip client base.
"With this acquisition we will be rolling out new skills and software throughout the Aegis Media network."
Apollo was established in New Zealand in 1995 and opened an office in Sydney in 1999.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london