TMW takes Grand Prix at 2007 DMA Awards
LONDON - Tullo Marshall Warren has won the Grand Prix at the 2007 DMA Awards with its birthday-linked email marketing campaign for Guinness.
The campaign comprises rich-media emails that are sent to members of Guinness' eCRM programme just before their birthdays.
The emails include a short movie of a pub landlord, who greets them with their name and age, asks them for the email details of friends who they would like to invite out for a birthday drink. The landlord then pulls them a pint and tries to pass it through the screen. Friends each receive a video message from the landlord telling them to buy their friend a birthday pint.
More than 30,000 people each month have been using the email to invite their friends for a birthday pint.
The judges felt that the campaign marked the shape of advertising in the future and said it was underpinned by outstanding strategic thinking with an unusual personalised twist and innovative use of media.
TMW is also celebrating gold, silver and bronze awards for its work with Calm, Diageo and Sainsbury's respectively.
Other multiple-gold winners include: Kitcatt Nohr Alexander Shaw with its campaign for Waitrose; Story with a campaign for The Glenmorangie Company; 20:20 with the Sony Computer Entertainment Europe campaign; the Leith Agency with the Seat UK campaign; Proximity with its BBC TV Licensing campaign; Chemistry Communications for Diageo/Baileys and Transport for London; and the Communications Agency with its campaign for the Prostate Cancer Research Foundation.
Awards for the newly introduced Green Initiative category were taken home by Wunderman for work with Greentomatocars, and Redwood for work with Royal Mail.
Tim Smit, chair of the judges and founder of the Eden Project, said: "Marketing is one of Britain's great talents and the quality of the entrants to the awards was breathtaking in terms of both execution and inventiveness - setting an excellent benchmark for the industry.
"The decision on the overall winner was tight as tight can be, but it was also unanimous - congratulations to Tullo Marshall Warren and to all the other winners."
The full list of winners and an order form for the annual awards showcase are available at the DMA's website.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London
- Sales Manager - Content Business Ultimate Asset £30000 - £37000 per annum + incredible commission, London
- Affiliate Executive - Huge Client - Global Media Agency Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum, London
- Pharmaceutical Associate/Account Director/ (Full or Part-Time) Brand Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, Bedford