Jamiroquai embraces Web 2.0 to reach out to fans
LONDON - Jazz funk band Jamiroquai has revamped its website using Web 2.0 technology to connect with its fans through blogs and social networks.
Fans will be able to place Jamiroquai content from the site on to their own social networking and blog pages.
The website was created by content management and software specialists Modera. It features technology such as calendar software Spongecell, which provides updates on where the band is and what they are doing.
It also catalogues the band's journey from its arrival on the scene in the early 1990s to the present day.
The site allows fans to buy CDs, digital downloads and merchandise, as well as providing the latest news, calendars and photos through RSS feeds.
Jay Kay, lead singer of Jamiroquai, said: "The new Jamiroquai.com site takes advantage of the internet's growing ability to connect and share more intimately with our fans.
"They are now more involved in building and sharing what they wish from the content on our site, even creating content themselves to share with us and each other."
Million Media, which advises artists on their web presence, worked on the project.
Neil Cartwright, founder of Million Media, said: "The aim isn't simply how many fans can we get to visit the artist's website anymore. It's about how we can get the artist's content on to theirs."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Designer (Packaging, Brochure, POS, Retouching) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Graphic Designer (Branding, Marketing, POS, Packaging) Creative Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, London