MindShare expected to scoop LG media account
LONDON - LG Electronics is expected to hand its $350m (£175m) worldwide media planning and buying account to WPP Group's MindShare.
LG is reportedly aiming to pair Bartle Bogle Hegarty, which was awarded its consolidated creative account last week, with WPP's Y&R as the distribution network for the business.
With MindShare also taking the media, it will give WPP a strong hold on the business and comes following the group's win, earlier this week, of Dell worth $4.5bn in billings over three years.
It is understood that Publicis' MediaVest was also in the running for the media account, while Publicis Worldwide is understood to be one of the final contenders for distribution.
Another Publicis agency, Publicis Modem, is believed to be leading the fight to become LG's first global digital marketing partner, which is also up for contention at present.
LG's pan-European media business is handled by Starcom, while other markets are held by an assortment of different agencies such as Dentsu in China.
LG announced it had consolidated creative duties for its $350m global brand-and-product account with Bartle Bogle Hegarty last week. BBH reportedly beat Omnicom Group's TBWA and DDB Worldwide for the business.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East