Joshi to head Cannes Lions 2008 Outdoor jury
LONDON - Prasoon Joshi, executive chairman of McCann Worldgroup India and regional executive creative director Asia Pacific, will be president of next year's Outdoor Lions jury at Cannes.
Joshi is credited with creating a distinct identity for Indian advertising by combining "structured" western style with the "chaos" of the Indian way of life.
He has won more than 400 national and international advertising awards including Gold, Silver and Bronze Lions at Cannes.
In 2006, Joshi was nominated as a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum, joining other individuals under 40 who share a commitment to shaping the global future.
On the occasion of India's 60 years of independence, a few months ago, The Times of India put Joshi among the country's Top 60 Icons for his contribution in several fields that have shaped India's public awareness.
Joshi is also an accomplished songwriter for many popular Bollywood films, which has earned him a Bafta and Oscar nomination.
Terry Savage, chairman of the festival, said: "Prasoon Joshi is an extremely talented and passionate creative leader who is pushing boundaries that ultimately shape the future culture of his country and beyond."
Joshi said: "It's wonderful to be part of Cannes as a jury president and a creative individual. There is no formula, specific style or trend that connotes Cannes. It always surprises and I celebrate this unpredictability."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Media Officer Better Placed Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Leeds
- DESIGN TEAM LEADER - SURREY - £38K Salt £38000 per annum, Surrey
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- Digital Display Manager - Automotive - £35K Ultimate Asset £32000 - £35000 per annum, City of London