Wieden & Kennedy searches for The Sims in EA push
LONDON - Electronic Arts is launching a global search for missing Sims in its advertising campaign for 'The Sims 2 Castaway', created by Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam.
An online teaser-trailer, using captured game footage, sets the scene with a deserted town and abandoned pets, revealing that the Sims have disappeared.
The campaign includes TV, print, outdoor, banners and emails, to drive traffic to the website.
The mystery unravels online and through TV and print ads, as the Sims are seen washing ashore on a desert island.
The user is put through a gauntlet of survival challenges that mimic the game, with failure incurring the wrath of the "Evil Coconut", a character created for EA by W&K Amsterdam.
Anna Smith, EA's international marketing and communications campaign manager, said: "'The Sims 2 Castaway' campaign stays true to the quirky humour of the Sims franchise and is appealing to a broader mainstream audience by dramatising the challenges and survival choices you have to make in the game."
Electronic Games is also launching a digital campaign, created by W&K Amsterdam, for the launch of its multi-platform first person shooter game, 'Crysis', which puts you in the jungle as a special forces soldier.
A website for the "Crysis is upon us" campaign dramatises the emotion of the moment just before going into battle. Navigation tools allow users to explore the jungle terrain and prepare for battle, with holophonic sound effects of the surrounding jungle and pre-war prayers to immerse the player in the atmosphere.
The campaign is running locally in the UK, Spain, Czech Republic, the Netherlands, Finland, Portugal, Poland and Italy.
Jorge Calleja, creative director at W&K Amsterdam, said: "The way it looks, the way a gamer interacts with the environment, the AI -- it all comes together to create quite an intense reality."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Ambassador Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London