CBS Outdoor announces shake-up of international division
LONDON - CBS Outdoor has announced a shake-up at its international division including the creation of a central executive team as part of a plan to expand the business into new markets.
The new team will be led by Antonio Alonso, previously general manager of the Spanish business, who takes up the title of chief development officer. Alonso will report into Clive Punter, chief executive of CBS Outdoor International.
Alonso will be supported by three development directors, Mike Baker, Mark Pettler, and Philip Brown, who join from the European, UK and Ireland teams respectively.
The team will also be joined by Catherine Gale as chief marketing officer and the company is currently in the process of appointing an international chief financial officer.
Separately, CBS Outdoor has appointed three new managing directors in continental Europe, in a bid to simplify the lines of communication. All three will report to Punter.
The three new managing directors will oversee markets in Spain, Italy and Holland. The new appointments include Pablo Gonzalez, formerly deputy general manager in Spain, Luca Strigiotti, previously sales and marketing director in Italy, and Raimon Gort, formerly with publisher IDG, to oversee Spain, Italy and Holland respectively.
The changes will not affect the management structure in France, China and Ireland, with the managing directors in these markets continuing to report to Andrew Oldham, chief operating officer for the UK and Ireland.
Leslie Moonves, president and chief executive officer at parent company, CBS Corporation, said: "Outdoor continues to be one of our great success stories at CBS. As we invest in the business, it's important to have the optimal management structure that allows us to grow our position both in emerging markets, and in those where we already operate organisation."
Punter, said: "This is the culmination of significant planning and thinking since taking the role as CEO. The simplified reporting lines will shorten the lines of communications and bring me closer to the business, which means I can support the local MDs better. It also provides greater clarity of responsibility for country performance."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London