Timberland UK launches online customer reviews website
LONDON - Outdoor clothing brand Timberland has launched an interactive ratings and reviews website as part of its aim to drive sales and encourage customer loyalty.
The Timberland reviews website has been implemented by online social media company Bazaarvoice, and will attempt to increase customer loyalty by providing "authentic and honest" appraisals of its products.
The website, which asks users to register before making comments on Timberland products, features the company's full range of outdoor clothing, footwear and accessories.
Bazaarvoice also provides social media services for Dell, Borders, Sears and Macy's, and works with brands to get the best out of their user-generated content.
Troy Brown, senior direct and general manager of e-commerce at Timberland, said: "We are implementing a service that will allow customers to help each other by giving authentic, honest appraisals of products.
"We have only recently launched the site and these reviews will help us to more easily identify popular products and allow us to really understand the issues that are important to our customers."
Sam Decker, chief marketing officer at Bazaarvoice, said: "Over the past 12 months, UK e-tailers have really embraced the idea of social commerce -- which put simply is adding the customer voice to the online shopping experience to drive sales.
"We are seeing huge interest from household name retailers in our products and the benefits they can bring."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London