BBDO launches second agency in India
DELHI - BBDO has launched a second agency in India, and has hired former Bates David India ECD and chairman Josy Paul to run it.
Paul takes on the role of chairman and national creative director of BBDO India, which will sit alongside – and compete with – existing sister agency RK Swamy BBDO.
The new agency’s founding clients include 7-Up, which it won earlier this year. BBDO Asia will take a minority stake in RK Swarmy BBDO. The latter will take a minority stake in BBDO India.
The launch is the result of a year’s planning to create an agency to handle conflicting business, but also share clients where necessary.
Chris Thomas (pictured), chairman and CEO, BBDO Asia Pacific, explained: “Both agencies will work on multinational and domestic clients. We even seen situations where both will work for the same client, either on different brands or by offering different services.”
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London