BBDO launches second agency in India
DELHI - BBDO has launched a second agency in India, and has hired former Bates David India ECD and chairman Josy Paul to run it.
Paul takes on the role of chairman and national creative director of BBDO India, which will sit alongside – and compete with – existing sister agency RK Swamy BBDO.
The new agency’s founding clients include 7-Up, which it won earlier this year. BBDO Asia will take a minority stake in RK Swarmy BBDO. The latter will take a minority stake in BBDO India.
The launch is the result of a year’s planning to create an agency to handle conflicting business, but also share clients where necessary.
Chris Thomas (pictured), chairman and CEO, BBDO Asia Pacific, explained: “Both agencies will work on multinational and domestic clients. We even seen situations where both will work for the same client, either on different brands or by offering different services.”
This article was first published on Media Asia
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Midweight Team become £25-38K, Central London
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary, London
- Senior Brand Manager - Beauty Ball & Hoolahan £46,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum + bens, West London
- Interim Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + benefits, London