Universal Music to stream entire catalogue on social networking site
LONDON - Users of Imeem, the film and music social network, will be able to listen to Universal Music Group's entire back catalogue of artists for free, including Kanye West, Amy Winehouse and Snow Patrol, as part of a deal to stream music on the site.
Imeem's estimated 19m members will be able to listen to tracks and watch videos by hundreds of artists while Universal Music will share in the advertising revenue generated.
Doug Morris, chairman and CEO of UMG, said: "Imeem has developed an innovative way to make our artists' music a central part of the social networking experience. More importantly, they’ve done so the right way -- by working with UMG to provide an exciting musical experience for consumers, while ensuring that our artists are fairly compensated for the use of their works."
Universal's catalogue also includes the likes of Fall Out Boy, 50 Cent, Black Eyed Peas, The Pussycat Dolls, Gwen Stefani, The Killers, Maroon 5 and Nelly, among others.
Dalton Caldwell, founder and CEO of Imeem, said:. "Imeem has pioneered a way to bring fans, bands and brands together in a way that’s good for everyone. Our agreement with UMG will make Imeem's media-centric experience even more compelling, and firmly establishes our position as the leading social media network."
Imeem has advertising and sponsorship deals with some of the world's largest brands and companies, including Apple, Nike, Microsoft, AT&T Wireless, Toyota Scion, T-Mobile and Puma.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East