Covent Garden launches Christmas cinema push
LONDON - Covent Garden has launched a Christmas-themed cinema campaign, in which a group of women fight over presents in a dream-like spot directed by Thomas Hilland.
Hilland, who has directed music videos for Norwegian electronic outfit Royksopp and commercials for MTV and Diesel, directed the 80-second spot as part of a wider campaign called 'Christmas deluxe', created by Mother London.
The ad shows a group of women stampeding towards a pile of presents underneath a tree, in a surreal scene shot in a palette of dark blacks, greys and white.
The film will also be seeded as a viral film on websites such as YouTube, in conjunction with a press campaign.
Press ads have been booked in Timeout, thelondonpaper, London Lite, The Evening Standard and Metro, as well as The Guardian and Independent. Ads will also appear on phone boxes around London.
In addition, Covent Garden has embarked on PR activity, as part of the "Christmas deluxe" campaign.
Covent Garden's iconic cobble-stoned piazza is being transformed into a traditional white Christmas by a group of film-set designers, with children's storytelling and a bespoke gift wrapping service.
"Christmas deluxe" is the first campaign to be created by Mother London since it won the account to rebrand Covent Garden as a luxury-shopping destination following a competitive pitch in May.
The pitch was overseen by the property investment company Capital & Counties, which acquired the Covent Garden Estate in August 2006.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London
- Creative Project Assistant become £20K-£24K, London