Lord Bell buys former Sun editor's PR firm
LONDON - Stuart Higgins, the former editor of The Sun, has sold his PR agency to Fast Track, part of Lord Bell's Chime empire, for an undisclosed sum.
Stuart Higgins Communications will continue to work as a self-contained entity within the Fast Track London offices, but will work with its new owner on selected projects. The move is expected to take place in February.
Higgins said: "SHC's acquisition by Fast Track offers the company extra resource and exciting opportunities to grow the business through the contacts and expertise that exists within both Fast Track and the wider Chime Group."
SHC works with British Airways, Emap, National Express, Chelsea Football Club and Storm Model Agency and also offers crisis management support for individuals and companies.
The agency was launched in 1999 by Higgins, editor of The Sun between 1994 and 1998. He was succeeded as Sun editor by David Yelland, who also went into PR first at Weber Shandwick and more recently at Brunswick where he is a partner.
Higgins joined the paper in 1979 and worked in a variety of roles including news editor, New York correspondent, Royal reporter, features editor and deputy editor.
Fast Track specialises in sports sponsorship deals and events across a range of sports from football and rugby to sailing, golf and disability sport.
Its clients include Heineken, Land Rover, Lucozade Sport, the National Lottery, Sainsbury's and Camelot.
Alan Pascoe, chairman of Fast Track, said: "Fast Track will benefit hugely from Stuart's vast experience and contacts and we look forward to working with him on a range of projects in the future."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Propositions Marketing Manager Harvey Nash £35000 - £40000 per annum, Walsall
- Paid Social Manager Lipton Fleming £32000 - £42000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- Events Marketing Manager Stopgap £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Agency Account Manager/Director (Outdoor) Lipton Fleming £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25% bonus, London
- Head of Brand Marketing Stopgap £60000 - £70000 per annum + benefits, Surrey