Kerrang!'s Shaw to take over drivetime at Xfm
LONDON - Xfm has poached Rick Shaw from Emap's Kerrang! to be its drivetime host from January, to replace 'would-be rock god' Ian Camfield.
Camfield's departure was announced in October. He is heading to the US to host a drivetime show on K-Rock in New York.
The Sony Gold award winning Shaw has been at Kerrang! since 2004 on the morning show and more recently on drivetime; before that he was at Metro Radio in Newcastle and Radio City in Liverpool.
Adam Uytman, Xfm London's programme director, said "With his irreverent sense of humour and unique take on life Rick is sure to spice up the weekday schedule, providing a real alternative to what the rest of London has to offer.
"With Alex Zane and Rick on either side of Xu [the user-generated show] Xfm has a really strong line-up to start the new year."
Shaw said: "The opportunity of presenting drive on Xfm in London was one that I simply couldn't miss. It's a fantastic station with a considerable reputation and I'm very much looking forward to the challenge."
Camfield is Xfm's longest -serving DJ having been at the station for 10 years, starting not long after the station first got its licence. His would-be rock god status comes from mentions on Ricky Gervais's and Steven Merchant's previous show on Xfm.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- JUNIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER Live Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, Middlesex
- Digital Account Manager Live Recruitment £23000 - £27000 per annum, Wolverhampton
- ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - INTEGRATED AGENCY Live Recruitment £17000 - £21000 per annum, Birmingham
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR Live Recruitment negotiable, Oxfordshire