Microsoft and CNBC join up for syndicated ads deal
LONDON - Microsoft is to partner with CNBC, the global financial TV news service, to offer display and contextual ads across the news network.
Under the deal terms, Microsoft will provide CNBC.com with strategic ad placements for brands through graphical placement, and automated text-based ads targeted to specific website content to the site's 2.6m unique monthly users.
Microsoft said the technology, which will be introduced with contextual ad placements by the end of the month, would over time allow advertisers to aggregate anonymous data on user behaviour.
The deal makes CNBC.com the latest syndicated ad partner to work with Microsoft. The software company also signed a deal to become exclusive ad partner for teen social networking website Piczo earlier this year, and partnered with Kia to increase awareness for the car marque's online sponsorship of the 2007 Frankfurt Motor Show in September.
Steve Berkowitz, senior vice president of the online services group at Microsoft, said: "CNBC.com has a tremendous, high quality audience that advertisers are eager to reach.
"The addition of CNBC to our syndicated advertising partner sites will help the advertisers that work with Microsoft reach an even broader set of users in this highly strategic audience segment."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Corporate Marketing Manager University of Westminster £43, 272 p.a. (incl. L.W.A.), Central London