Piczo agrees deal for mobile content distribution
LONDON - Teen social networking site Piczo has agreed a deal with mobile media company Intercasting Corp to allow users to produce and share personal content by mobile.
Piczo, which has around 28m registered users worldwide, will use Intercasting Corp's Anthem mobile platform to enable subscribers to upload pictures directly from camera phones, send and receive messages, and post comments.
The social networking site, which has a primary audience of teenage girls, said the agreement with Intercasting Corp formed part of its aim to develop user-friendly tools which allow members to use "creative self expression" in a safe and secure environment.
It has also inked a deal with record label RCA to host exclusive professional video content via the online weekly TV programme 'Everybody Loves Chris'.
Last month, the website joined forces with pop culture content provider Spleak Media Network to launch a celebrity gossip forum, CelebSpleak, featuring short form celebrity news.
Chris Seth, managing director for Piczo Europe, said: "Piczo is creating a service that taps into the habits of the Piczo generation who want to be in control of their content and communication in a safer environment, and at the same time extending self expression onto devices that matter most to them in their lives."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- Freelance Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £250 per day, London
- Procurement Director - Promotions / POS / BTL - Global Role Fill Recruitment Ltd £70-£80k Basic + Superb Bonus Opportunities + Benefits, Central London