Injured Action Man promotes charity drive for soldiers
LONDON - Action Man, the children's toy soldier, is out of action in an Army Benevolent Fund advertising campaign, which has raised over £750,000 so far to support injured soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The Army Benevolent Fund, which provides financial and practical support to soldiers, former soldiers and their families, launched the "Out of Action Man" campaign to highlight the harsh realities faced by British troops.
The ABF joined forces with Southampton-based agency Flatfive Creative to produce the campaign, which features the Hasbro toy Action Man with severe injuries and the strapline: "War is not a game of toy soldiers".
The campaign comprises press adverts in national newspapers including The Times and The Telegraph, poster ads at 20 Underground stations, and a direct mail campaign.
The outdoor advertising space was donated by Titan Outdoor.
The ABF launched its Current Operations fund in October as a direct response to the mounting numbers of injured soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Sian Mexsom, director of central fundraising and marketing at the ABF, said: "The advert has been our most successful to date in terms of generating donations and furthermore we feel it has helped us to reach new audiences and raised the profile of the ABF among the general public."
Martyn Brisdion, designer at Flatfive Creative, said: "Using this striking image of a child's toy with severe injuries doesn't alienate readers by being bloody, but reinforces the message by making them consider the affects of these injuries on a real soldier, so it has just as much impact."
ABF is the army's national charity and has been supporting soldiers for more than 60 years.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East