Clear Channel in charity competition with Everyclick.com
LONDON - Clear Channel Outdoor is launching a competition for charities to boost fundraising through Everyclick.com, offering the prize of a national outdoor advertising campaign.
Clear Channel is challenging charities to raise as much money as possible for their cause during January to March 2008 by inspiring supporters to use Everyclick.com's search engine, which gives money to charity every time you search.
The winning charity will receive a national outdoor advertising campaign on more than 1,500 sites across the UK.
Clear Channel ran an eight-week pilot in October on its digital boards in London, carrying the Everyclick.com URL.
National traffic to the site increased by an average of 12% during the pilot, and national registrations on Everyclick.com increased every week and were 63% higher after the eight weeks.
Charities register for the challenge by giving details of the size of their donor base on Everyclick.com, which will place them in one of three categories: small, medium or large charities.
Everyclick.com will keep a tally of how much is being raised for each charity entrant throughout the three-month challenge period to find a winner for each category.
A panel of independent sector experts will select one of the three finalists to win the overall prize based on money raised and the innovative ways they have encouraged their supporters to use Everyclick.com.
Polly Gowers, founder of Everyclick.com, said: "The Charity Challenge offers the opportunity for more charities to benefit from 'wugging' or web use giving as a sustainable, additional revenue stream. If just 10% of web users in the UK switched to Everyclick.com for their search, it would generate over £76m a year for UK charities -- without costing them a penny."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Artworker become £28K, Central London
- Online Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £25000 - £35000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Agency Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £23000 - £27000 per annum + Amazing benefits, London
- Agency Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent Commission Potential, London
- Account Managers and Executives Needed Ultimate Asset £23000 - £25000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, London
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London