Royal Caribbean hires JWT and MindShare
LONDON - The cruise company Royal Caribbean International has awarded its global advertising and media accounts to a WPP team from JWT and MindShare.
The UK portion of the account, which is handled by a smaller agency called Positive Thinking, is unaffected by the appointment.
Royal Caribbean is looking to expand its UK advertising and build a global brand.
The agencies will develop work for two areas: the home ports, where the ships are docked; and the fly-cruise market, countries to which customers have to travel to join cruises.
In November, the company announced record net income for the third quarter 2007 of £190m, compared with £164m in 2006, on the back of better-than-expected late bookings.
Launched in 1968 by a conglomerate of three Norwegian shipping companies, Royal Caribbean travels to destinations in Europe, the Bahamas, Asia, Canada and the Caribbean.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Senior Digital Project Manager - £45-50K Source £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing Blemain Group Competitive plus bonus and benefits, North West
- Digital Senior Account Manager Twist Recruitment £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Digital Marketing Analyst Better Placed Recruitment £45000 - £55000 per annum, East London