Aegis Media acquires Chinese out-of-home agency
LONDON - Aegis has acquired a majority stake in out-of-home specialist Heartland Media Group in China and Hong Kong for £4.6m.
Following the acquisition, Heartland will become part of Aegis's outdoor operation Posterscope Worldwide, led by its CEO Annie Rickard. Jay Lin will remain as CEO of Heartland.
Heartland is one of China's leading independent out-of-home media agencies offering services including: planning and buying; creative, production and implementation; and monitoring and maintenance.
Its clients include Nokia, Hitachi and The Coca-Cola Company.
China is currently Asia's second largest advertising market and is growing at 20% a year, with out-of-home growing ahead of the total market.
Out-of-home is expected to receive further boosts from the Beijing Olympic Games in 2008 and the Shanghai Expo in 2010.
Robert Lerwill, CEO of Aegis, said: "Posterscope is the leader in out-of-home worldwide, and this acquisition extends that lead at exactly the right time, in the right place.
"Out-of-home in China is one of the sweetest spots in our industry -- this is an exciting acquisition, with immense potential for growth ahead, and we have high expectations for its future success."
Heartland currently has six offices across the mainland China market.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Bespoke Print Project Manager Red Sofa London £35000 - £40000 per annum, City of London
- Marketing Analyst - Online Retail Jarlett de Grouchy £23000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits, Sleaford
- Web Designer / Front End Developer Guru Careers £45 - 50k + Benefits, Based in London (SE1)
- Head of Marketing - Commercial/B2B Berwick Partners Excellent basic plus benefits, Central London/Berkshire
- Account Manager (2 months) Stopgap £150 - £160 per day, London