Dogs Trust launches Christmas mailing campaign
LONDON - Dogs Trust, the canine welfare charity, is running a Christmas direct mailing campaign, created by 141 Worldwide/London, to help raise funds for injured and abused dogs in need of medical treatment.
The campaign is based on the sad story of Misha, a three-year-old crossbreed who was shot twice in the head with a crossbow at point blank range by thugs, sustaining horrific injuries.
The mailer aims to encourage supporters to make regular monthly donations to help the trust treat and rehabilitate dogs, like Misha, who have been cruelly mistreated.
Misha's story is told within a letter written by Dogs Trust Leeds Rehoming Centre manager Amanda Sands, who speaks of Misha's strength and resilience and how her recovery was made possible through the help of the trust's carers.
The campaign is targeted at warm donors from the Dogs Trust database and will run between the Christmas and New Year period.
It contains a colourful leaflet, which includes pictures of a fully recovered Misha, playing with toys and her carers, and the words "from heartache to happiness".
The colourful outer features a collage of press clippings, where headlines tell the story of Misha's harrowing experience, and the words: "Thanks to people like you, it's all good news now."
Phil White, business director at 141 Worldwide/London, said: "Misha's story is a particularly brutal one -- the vet who treated her said her injuries were among the most extreme he had ever seen.
"Instead of focusing on the negative, however, we wanted to use Misha's journey towards recovery and her happy ending to move Dogs Trust supporters and show them exactly how their contributions can help injured and abused dogs."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London