BrandRapport acquired by new French marketing group
LONDON - Sports sponsorship agency brandRapport has been bought by a French company, which aims to set up an international marketing services group.
The acquisition has been made by Qobliq, which was started by Xavier Quatrrocchi-Oubradous and Roland Giscard d'Estaing.
The pair previously founded the Paris-based sponsorship consultancy Sponsorclick.
They plan to build an international marketing services group, which will combine sponsorship, digital and experiential marketing.
Qobliq is being funded by a £7.5m investment from venture capital firm Ingenious Media Active Capital.
BrandRapport was set up 25 years ago, as Craigie Taylor International, and works on sponsorships including Nationwide's backing of the England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales football teams. The agency was just named as a runner-up in Marketing's 2007 sponsorship agency of the year.
Its acquisition by Qobliq was a cash and equity deal with brandRapport's holding company Passhold.
Andrew Dwyer, chief executive officer of brandRapport, said: "Ingenious, Roland and Xavier have a deep understanding of our industry and fully support our desire to become more international, in order to service our blue-chip clients around the world.
"Their unique expertise and network will enable us to build a leading global sponsorship agency. Our clients have always pushed us to expand geographically, and we will soon be in a position to deliver the same quality of service on a much larger scale."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Agency Creative Freelance Recruiter - Blue Skies Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Commision Scheme & Benefits , Richmond upon Thames
- Lead User Interface Developer Source £40000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Creative Developer Source £35000 - £40000 per annum, London