The Marketing Effect wins ethnic volunteering brief
LONDON - Charity communications company Media Trust is running a national marketing campaign, created by The Marketing Effect, to recruit charity volunteers from ethnic minority communities.
The Marketing Effect, which has been chosen for three previous Media Trust briefs, has devised a campaign, called "It's all about U", that will aim to promote the benefits of charity volunteering work across the UK's Pakistani, Bangladeshi and Chinese communities.
The agency has created an integrated campaign incorporating direct mailings, cinema, billboards, radio, press, online, and social media sites such as Facebook, to encourage the UK's 1.3m-strong ethnic community to take up voluntary work.
The campaign will target communities in North East and North West England as well as Yorkshire, Humber and London in an attempt to raise participation levels.
The Marketing Effect, which also handles work for Citibank, Core Communications and Business Link, said the campaign would adopt a "grassroots" approach to contacting potential volunteers from the UK's ethnic population.
Dal Singh, ethnic marketing specialist at The Marketing Effect, said: "The difficulty in targeting ethnic communities with mainstream media is that messages do not effectively reach and engage with them.
"There have been a number of high profile glaring mistakes in the past year from high street supermarkets, banks and telecoms companies to name a few industry sectors, hence the need for bespoke ethnic communications strategies."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Manager - TTL Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £30000 per annum, East London