The Red Brick Road scoops Anna for Olympus ad
LONDON - A long-copy ad from The Red Brick Road for Olympus featuring the gaping mouth of a killer shark has scooped the November Anna for National Newspaper Advertising.
The ad, called "shark", was created by The Red Brick Road's creative team of Dean Webb and Matt Allen, who have already scooped an Anna this year.
The pair won in September with their "handcuffs" ad announcing the arrival of 'Prison Break' on Sky One.
Gerry Moira, UK director of creativity at Euro RSCG London and an Anna judge in November, said: "Best of the bunch this month was the Olympus series. I loved the mordant wit."
Other ads nominated in November included: "today has been cancelled" by Euro RSCG for The Conservative Party; "drink responsibly" for Diageo Great Britain from Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, and the "shadow" ad for John Lewis by Lowe & Partners.
The Annas are organised by the Newspaper Marketing Agency and the "winner of winners" for this year will be announced at an annual awards event at Mall Galleries on January 30 2008.
There will be a cash prize of £25,000 for the team taking the "winner of winners" title.
Maureen Duffy, chief executive of the NMA, said: "It has been another fantastic year for the Annas, with an impressive range of ads being nominated each month.
"We are really looking forward to the annual awards in January and at this stage there are a number of agencies that are in with a chance of scooping the 'winner of winners' prize."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire