Carroll succeeds Dru as CEO of TBWA\Worldwide
LONDON - TBWA\Worldwide has announced that its president Tom Carroll will succeed Jean-Marie Dru as chief executive of the company.
Carroll will retain the position of president of TBWA\Worldwide, while Jean-Marie Dru will take the position of chairman. The appointments are effective immediately.
Lee Clow, currently chairman and chief creative officer, will now lead the planning consultancy Media Arts, in the role of global director.
Dru said: "I believe it is time for me to move up and let Tom take charge of running the company. TBWA is acknowledged today as one of the best advertising networks.
"It is now time to accelerate and to move clearly ahead of the pack. I know Tom can achieve this. He has all the energy and all the skills to lead our talented group of executives. With him in charge, there is no limit to how far we can go."
Carroll began his career in 1978 at Mathieu, Gerfen and Bresner, before working at Chiat/Day advertising in both New York and Los Angeles.
In 1989, Carroll founded Weiss, Whitten, Carroll, Stagliano, before moving to MVBMS six years later.
Carroll returned to TBWA in 1999 as president of the Los Angeles office. In April 2001, he added the post of president of the Americas, overseeing the network's operations in North and South America.
He moved back to New York at the beginning of 2002 to concentrate on his new role, and was then promoted to vice-chairman in 2004 and president in 2006.
John Wren, president and chief executive of Omnicom Group, said: "Our companies' chairmen have active day-to-day roles. It is a part of our DNA and I am pleased to have Jean-Marie continue with us in this position.
"With Lee shaping the creative product and Tom becoming CEO, this will be a formidable triumvirate leading the TBWA people and advising its clients. Tom has the intelligence, the energy and the humour for this role, and Jean-Marie has done a terrific job as his mentor."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Vice President Marketing Communications Direct Recruitment £75,000 - £79,000, London
- Account Director - Integrated - [Digital / Promotions] - Dynamic agency! to £49k Fill Recruitment Ltd £45k - £49k + superb bonus & benefits, Central London
- Partnerships Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 per annum, London
- Head of Marketing - Luxury Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + benefits, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 per annum, South East
- Brand Communications Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + benefits, South East