Pringles to screen homemade ad on Christmas Day
LONDON - Crisp brand Pringles is to screen a 40-second ad during a primetime slot on Christmas Day, created by a competition winner who spent just £300 and three days making the ad.
Nils Elders, a freelance music producer from Aberdeen, created the animated ad and its accompanying jingle which features the lyrics "happy jinglin' pringlin' too".
Elders produced the ad on his home computer, for which he has scooped £2,000 and a chance for his work to be screened during an ad break on ITV1's 'Emmerdale' on Christmas Day.
The work, which features singing crisps similar to characters from 'South Park' and a track written and performed by Elders, will be shown during the afternoon in front of a potential audience of more than 10m.
Procter & Gamble-owned Pringles used Grey for last year's TV ads, featuring footballers Steven Gerrard, Roberto Carlos, Freddie Ljungberg and Francesco Totti practising "keepy-ups" with a Pringles tin.
The company chose Elders' work for this year's spot from more than 100 other competition entries.
Elders' said he hoped the experience would allow him to get more TV work: "I'm hoping that with the interest from television and the contacts I've made I'll be able to start creating more jingles."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London