TUI to review £12m media account after merger
LONDON - TUI Travel is to review its £12m media planning and buying account following its merger with First Choice, in a move that will have Walker Media, MPG and Universal McCann pitching for the consolidated business in January.
Walker handles the £5m First Choice media spend; MPG the £7m Thomson spend; and Universal McCann Manchester the spend for Thomson's direct brand Portland.
It is understood TUI is looking at the possibilities of putting everything into one agency and of keeping the Portland account separate.
The review is being handled by Tim Williamson, director of product and marketing at TUI Travel, who was a marketer at First Choice before the merger.
Williamson said that while the relationships with the agencies have been "excellent", the merger meant TUI has a need to consolidate its arrangements.
TUI today appointed Beattie McGuinness Bungay to handle its consolidated creative account. Creative duties had previously been split between BMB, which handled First Choice, and Krow, which handled Thomson.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Digital Content Specialist Harvey Nash £30000 - £35000 per annum + Package, Lichfield
- Brand Guardian/Artwork Manager Network Career Consultants £26000 - £28000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive - 6 month contract Brand Recruitment £25000 per annum + plus benefits , Colchester
- Digital Project Manager PFJ £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Project Manager Red Sofa London £35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits, West London