TUI to review £12m media account after merger
LONDON - TUI Travel is to review its £12m media planning and buying account following its merger with First Choice, in a move that will have Walker Media, MPG and Universal McCann pitching for the consolidated business in January.
Walker handles the £5m First Choice media spend; MPG the £7m Thomson spend; and Universal McCann Manchester the spend for Thomson's direct brand Portland.
It is understood TUI is looking at the possibilities of putting everything into one agency and of keeping the Portland account separate.
The review is being handled by Tim Williamson, director of product and marketing at TUI Travel, who was a marketer at First Choice before the merger.
Williamson said that while the relationships with the agencies have been "excellent", the merger meant TUI has a need to consolidate its arrangements.
TUI today appointed Beattie McGuinness Bungay to handle its consolidated creative account. Creative duties had previously been split between BMB, which handled First Choice, and Krow, which handled Thomson.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Global Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus Car/ Car Allowance, London