Match.com launches Facebook dating application
LONDON - Match.com has created an application on Facebook that allows consumers to use its dating service directly through the social networking site.
The application can be downloaded for free and users then create a profile, which includes details such as age and location.
Users can add details about their interests, which are then used to match the love-seekers up with other Little Black Book users and Match.com members.
Potential matches are displayed in a gallery within the application and users can highlight the individuals that they are interested in. The application uses these preferences to display new matches with similar criteria in the future.
To communicate with potential matches, users must purchase a "key" for 69p to gain access to each other. Once unlocked, both users can communicate back and forth within the application for as long and as often as they want.
Match.com is based on a subscription model but this application gives users the chance to meet Match.com members on a "pay-per-contact" basis.
Jason Stockwood, managing director of UK Match.com, said: "Our exciting new Little Black Book application is consistent with our strategy of innovation through customer insight. As the market leader, our biggest strategic challenge is to grow the category and our experience tells us that social networkers have a high propensity to try online dating, which makes this a natural move for us."
Little Black Book users can also share potential matches with any of their other friends on Facebook and can purchase keys to "unlock" a potential match for a friend.
Separately, the Match.com site has beefed up its social networking functionality with a Match My Friends section.
The feature allows individuals to quickly and easily sign up, sponsor and search for dates on behalf of their single friends. Alternatively, existing Match.com members can ask friends and family to write personal testimonials that can then be included on their profile.
Match.com is intending to accompany the launch of Little Black Book and Match My Friends with an extensive marketing campaign in 2008, across television, radio, online and outdoor advertising.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Brand Consultant - Brand Strategist Royds Raphael £85k-£100k+neg, London
- PROCUCTION MANAGER / DIRECTOR - BRANDING DESIGN & STRATEGY Royds Raphael £45k-£50k+neg, London