Discovery Networks European sales boss Rodgers resigns
LONDON - Annie Rodgers, senior vice-president of sales for Discovery Networks in EMEA, has resigned from her role without a job to go to.
Rodgers, who is still with the company, has not yet formalised a leaving date. A spokeswoman for Discovery Networks confirmed the resignation.
Rodgers is responsible for a 100-strong team, with responsibility for selling the entire channel portfolio for Europe, Middle East and Africa, which includes Discovery Channel, Animal Planet and Discovery Travel & Living.
Rodgers, who reports to Arthur Bastings, managing director in EMEA, is also responsible for local and international ad sales, affiliate sales and digital media sales in addition to overall leadership of the sales function in EMEA. She is based in London.
Discovery said that during her tenure, Rodgers has doubled ad sales under an aggressive local market development strategy.
She was appointed in February 2005, having previously worked as client services director and head of new business development at Thorburn Associates.
Prior to this, Rodgers spent several years at CNBC and Dow Jones in a variety of EMEA-based sales roles, including senior vice-president of sales and European board director.
The departure comes amid a review of Discovery Networks' International ad sales team for the EMEA regions, amid tough market conditions.
The review is considering closing down the 20-strong team, among a number of other options.
Discovery said no decision had yet been taken, but an announcement is expected within the next four weeks.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)
- planning director > ATL > LONDON's BEST collectivo Up to £100,000 per annum + benefits, London