Barclays splits marketing role in two
LONDON - Barclays has split the lead marketing role formerly held by Jim Hytner in two, appointing Dave Jeppeson as UK retail marketing director and Richard French as commercial marketing director.
Barclays' reshuffle means there is no group brand director role any longer, although marketing directors from the various business divisions will sit on a brand reputation committee.
Jeppeson has been promoted from direct response marketing director just five months after joining Barclays from Capital One.
He will report to Deanna Oppenheimer, the UK banking group's chief operating officer.
French, who was formerly head of group customer service, will take responsibility for marketing the business banking division, Barclays Commercial Banking.
Under Hytner, Barclays had invested in a BBH-created advertising campaign that aimed to give the bank a more human face by using employees coming up with ideas for new services.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- .Net Developer - Agency Role - ASP.Net, .Net 4.0, CMS, Umbraco Digital Gurus £35000 - £50000 per annum + benefits, London
- Freelance Account Manager for award winning integrated agency! Zebra People £180 - £220 per day, East London
- Product Strategist Dyson Undisclosed, Malmesbury, Wiltshire
- Motion Graphic designer (with Flash Experience) Digital Gurus £30000 - £35000 per annum, London