Barclays splits marketing role in two
LONDON - Barclays has split the lead marketing role formerly held by Jim Hytner in two, appointing Dave Jeppeson as UK retail marketing director and Richard French as commercial marketing director.
Barclays' reshuffle means there is no group brand director role any longer, although marketing directors from the various business divisions will sit on a brand reputation committee.
Jeppeson has been promoted from direct response marketing director just five months after joining Barclays from Capital One.
He will report to Deanna Oppenheimer, the UK banking group's chief operating officer.
French, who was formerly head of group customer service, will take responsibility for marketing the business banking division, Barclays Commercial Banking.
Under Hytner, Barclays had invested in a BBH-created advertising campaign that aimed to give the bank a more human face by using employees coming up with ideas for new services.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London