Dominic Proctor named as Media Lions jury chairman
LONDON - Dominic Proctor, worldwide chief executive officer of MindShare, will chair next year's Media Lions jury at the Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival.
Proctor, who in 1997 launched MindShare, WPP's first media agency, said: "This is a fantastic time to be a media professional because our role has never been more important to our clients.
"The time is right to celebrate that fact and to build on it for the future. The Cannes Media Lions give us that chance, so I am delighted to be heading the jury."
Proctor started his career in 1979 and worked in various advertising agencies before moving to J Walter Thompson, where he became media director in 1989.
He then became managing director of JWT London in 1991 and chief executive one year later. He held this position for five years, during which time he also had a seat on the board of JWT Worldwide.
Philip Thomas, chief executive of the festival, said: "Cannes Lions presidents are world leaders and global thinkers, and we are delighted to have someone of Dominic's outstanding record in developing the media space worldwide chairing the Media Lions jury.
"His accomplishments and breadth of experience speak for themselves, and we very much look forward to working with him."
The Festival introduced Media Lions in 1999 to honour excellence in media strategy, planning and execution.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Project Manager / Account Manager Story Recruitment £30-38k dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Director Direct Recruitment £80,000 + Bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £28,000 - £32,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Director Direct Recruitment £45,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Direct Recruitment £32,000 +, London (Central), London (Greater)