Calypso Rose wins BPMA's entrepreneur of the year award
LONDON - Calypso Rose, inventor of the Clippykit bag, has won the British Promotional Marketing Association's Entrepreneur of the Industry award 2007.
Rose, a 27-year-old designer, was selected by a panel of UK promotional marketing industry experts and business leaders, including 'The Apprentice' winner Michelle Dewbury.
The award was created and launched by BPMA in 2006 to recognise entrepreneurial flair in the promotions and incentives industry.
Rose is the entrepreneur behind the Clippykit range of PVC products with opening pockets for photographs, fabrics, buttons and beads to enable people to personalise the products.
The Clippykit handbag was launched on a small stall in Portobello Market and has since been seen on the arms of Helena Bonham Carter, Debbie Harry and Jools Oliver.
Clippykit is now sold in department stores nationwide and was a best-selling Christmas product in Selfridges and Harrods two years in a row.
The promotional marketing sector recognised the potential of Clippykit as a key sales promotion opportunity, with brands including L'Oreal, Babyliss, Aga, the Orange Prize for Fiction and the Brit Awards all using Clippykit bags as part of their promotions.
David Lebond, BPMA chairman, said: "It's one thing to design, market and sell a product which consumers will love, it's another to use that product to help brands to sell their products as well.
"Calypso Rose has done both and proven to the sales promotion industry that she is an all-rounded success, astute businesswoman and model to all."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London