GCap links with iTunes for music sales on station sites
LONDON - GCap Media has signed a deal with iTunes that will involve its station websites heavily featuring links to the Apple online music store.
GCap will embed contextual links to the iTunes store within its online players, playlists and relevant articles across its portfolio of 53 websites.
Radio listeners will be able to download playlist highlights, podcasts and station-recommended albums straight from station-branded areas created within the iTunes Store.
Launch brands include Xfm, Capital 95.8, Choice and Classic FM.
The initiatives will be supported by on-air trails, live DJ mentions, competitions, newsletters and online promotions across the entire GCap portfolio.
GCap and iTunes will collaborate on a number of offers for station listeners. Xfm listeners will be able to register online to receive five free downloads of live material recorded at this year's iTunes Festival:London, while Capital 95.8 will give its listeners the chance to win an iPod Touch and every playlisted track from 2007.
Robin Pembroke, group director of interactive and online at GCap Media, said: "This campaign with iTunes allows our users to easily buy the music they are listening to on our stations. It's another step in developing innovative listening experiences for the computer, iPod and iPhone."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Creative Content Manager. Daniel Marks London £50-60k, London
- Senior Communications and Copywriting Executive Pitch Consultants £25000 - £28000 per annum + bonus and excellent benefits, Coventry
- Junior to Mid-Weight Creative Teams Daniel Marks London £30-60k, London