Telegraph.co.uk boosts traffic by almost 2m users
LONDON - The Telegraph has maintained the rising popularity of its website, gaining around 1.7m unique users during November to take third place behind Guardian Unlimited and the Daily Mail online.
Telegraph.co.uk overtook Times Online with 12.8m unique users, up from 11.1m the month before, and its page impressions jumped from 102m to 109m in the ABCe newspaper website figures for November.
The Telegraph's website broke through the 10m barrier for the first time during September this year.
Edward Roussel, digital editor of Telegraph Media Group, said: "Telegraph.co.uk is going from strength to strength. November was a great month: doubling our traffic in a year is a great result. We are optimistic about 2008, which will be a year of innovation and significant change for the Telegraph's digital operation."
Guardian Unlimited, which includes guardian.co.uk and observer.co.uk, maintained its leading position among the national newspaper sites but could not match its record-breaking performance of last month. The network's unique users dropped by around 1m to 17.5m, while its page impressions dropped from 169m during October to 160m in November.
The Daily Mail online network, which covers dailymail.co.uk and mailonsunday.co.uk, held on to second place, gaining around 1m unique users during November to post 14.4m for the month. Its page impressions rose to 115m, up from 108m the month before.
Times Online, which includes timesonline.co.uk and www.sunday-times.co.uk, fell to fourth place, with 12.2m unique users, a slight decrease from the 12.4m recorded for October. However, its page impressions rose from 87m to 92m.
The Sun Online network, covering thesun.co.uk, page3.co.uk and newsoftheworld.co.uk, boosted its unique user figure by over 2m to 11.6m during November but this was not enough to move it out of fifth place. Page impressions rose to 215m from 195m the month before.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Campaign Delivery Executive Stopgap £20000 - £23000 per annum, London
- Strategic Planner - to £50k Network Career Consultants £45000 - £50000 per annum, London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London