Aegis retains Pernod Ricard's $200m global media account
LONDON - Aegis Media has successfully defended the estimated $200m (£101m) global media account of Pernod Ricard, following a review launched in July.
Aegis, which pitched against Publicis Groupe's Optimedia and WPP Group's MindShare, will handle the account in seven European markets.
The markets include the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Belgium and Scandinavia, in addition to China, the Philippines and Canada.
Aegis' Carat network will continue to handle the estimated $60m US portion of the business. Carat was first awarded the account in the US two years ago.
Sarah Fay, chief executive of Carat and Isobar US, said: "This summer, Carat reinvented the agency model in the US with the merger of its Carat USA and Carat Fusion units.
"This win reflects yet another vote of confidence in our integrated structure and vision. The spirits sector requires media innovation, and we will continue to draw on all of our areas of specialization to create impact and increased brand equity for Pernod Ricard."
Pernod Ricard has been an Aegis client for more than 30 years. Its brands include Jameson, Chivas Regal, Tia Maria, Martell and Jacob's Creek wines.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire