Interbrand revamps Xerox's corporate identity
LONDON - Xerox, one of the world's best known brands, has revamped its image, working with Interbrand to give the company a more contemporary look and to shake off its image as simply a copier manufacturer.
The rebrand aims to highlight that Xerox has moved beyond printing and copying and made significant investments in software and services.
The Xerox logo now puts the company name in a softer lowercase in a vibrant red alongside a sphere-shaped symbol sketched with lines. These link to form an "X", representing Xerox's connections to its customers, partners, industry and innovation.
Xerox said that the logo has been designed to be more effectively animated for use in multi-media platforms.
The revamped brand identity will first appear on Xerox's website, which goes live tonight. The company will then begin the process of rolling out the new look on products, facilities, vehicles and marketing materials. The transition is expected to take about 18 months.
The redesign is a departure from previous changes to the logo, which were variations on a fixed typeface of the Xerox word.
In addition to the new logo, Xerox's identity now includes a proprietary font and visual elements of its branding using a palette of eight colours which can be applied across a range of media. This will include print, web, broadcast and interactive presentations.
Ursula Burns, president of Xerox, said: "We're strengthening our attributes and giving our brand a contemporary look that is more relevant for business today -- a bit less formal, a lot more lively with links to our heritage and a nod to the future."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london