Estee Lauder reviews $400m global media account
NEW YORK - Estee Lauder, the cosmetics and fragrance manufacturer, has confirmed a review of its $400m (£203m) global media business and is said to be considering three agencies.
WPP Group's Maxus, the US incumbent; Omnicom Group's M2M, which handles the UK, Japan and other markets; and Havas's MPG, a non-roster agency, are all pitching for the account.
The cosmetics giant, which owns the Clinique, Aveda and Aramis brands, wants to consolidate the business, including media planning, buying and digital duties, into one agency.
Its media is currently handled by agencies on a market-by-market basis.
Estee Lauder initially kicked off a global media pitch in April last year, but decided to put it on hold two months later.
The review is being led by Estee Lauder's head office in New York.
The company said that its net sales surpassed $7bn in the 2007 financial year, up 9% from the previous year. About half of that was derived from North America, another $2.5bn from Europe, the Middle East and Africa and roughly $1bn from Asia.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Global Brand Manager - Drinks Trace c. £58k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / Surrey / London (South), London (Greater) / London (West)...
- Senior International Agency Sales Manager - Mobile Salt £70000 per annum + strong bonus and great bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Consumer Tech Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...
- Head of Marketing The RSA Circa £60,000 per annum (commensurate with skills and experience) + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Research Director - Pharma / Healthcare Trace £80k to £110k depending on experience, South East England / London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), Londo...