Estee Lauder reviews $400m global media account
NEW YORK - Estee Lauder, the cosmetics and fragrance manufacturer, has confirmed a review of its $400m (£203m) global media business and is said to be considering three agencies.
WPP Group's Maxus, the US incumbent; Omnicom Group's M2M, which handles the UK, Japan and other markets; and Havas's MPG, a non-roster agency, are all pitching for the account.
The cosmetics giant, which owns the Clinique, Aveda and Aramis brands, wants to consolidate the business, including media planning, buying and digital duties, into one agency.
Its media is currently handled by agencies on a market-by-market basis.
Estee Lauder initially kicked off a global media pitch in April last year, but decided to put it on hold two months later.
The review is being led by Estee Lauder's head office in New York.
The company said that its net sales surpassed $7bn in the 2007 financial year, up 9% from the previous year. About half of that was derived from North America, another $2.5bn from Europe, the Middle East and Africa and roughly $1bn from Asia.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Junior Account Director / Account Director - Fabulous Global Agency - Central London - to £47k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £47k, Central London
- business director > TOP LONDON AGENCY > ATL collectivo Up to £90,000 + great benefits, London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER | Integrated Agency | Confectionery | up to £30k Judi Patton up to £30k, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - Creative London Agency - MOBILE/Social Media - £40-47k Judi Patton £40-47k, London
- MIDWEIGHT DESIGNER - award winning global agency! Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Senior Insight Manager, Clientside Hasson Associates £50,000 - £55,000, Central London