LMG boosts stake in Middle East rewards company to 60%
LONDON - Loyalty Management Group has spent £5.3m to boost its stake in the Gulf-based loyalty marketing company, Rewards Management Middle East, to 60%.
Rewards Management Middle East, which operates travel reward programmes in Qatar, United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, is 40% owned by HSBC Holdings.
It was founded in 2000 by LMG, HSBC and Al-Seer, the Dubai-based owners of the local Spinney's supermarket chain. LMG acquired the additional stake in the business from Al-Seer.
LMG was itself acquired by Canadian firm Aeroplan in December for a reported £368m.
LMG said its Air Miles Middle East programme was currently receiving 15,000 new applications a month, and that increasing its stake in Rewards Management Middle East would help extend the reach of its global loyalty programme.
Alex Moorhead, chief executive officer at LMG, said: "LMG looks forward to continuing its strong relationship with HSBC and working more closely with the RMME management team to consolidate its loyalty leadership position in this fast-growing region."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Regional Assistant Brand Manager- Europe Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, South East