Reuters partners with Adify for vertical ad networks
LONDON - News service Reuters is to aggregate content from small- and medium-sized publishers on its website, and sell the ad space around it using vertical advertising created by Adify Corporation.
The content areas, which will launch on Reuters.co.uk and other Reuters sites in Europe, the Middle East and Africa next month, include personal finance, automotive, football and newsblogs.
The networks will contain high-quality content that Reuters will aggregate to build scalable and targeted opportunities for advertisers.
Adify will create the vertical advertising networks which will allow Reuters to package and sell high-value brand ad programmes and extend its community activities.
Tim Faircliff, general manager for consumer media UK & EMEA at Reuters, said: "Increased fragmentation across the web presents a major commercial opportunity for Reuters.
"Our relationship with Adify is a key milestone in taking advantage of the changes which are currently occurring in the digital space, and provides Reuters with the expertise and platform to build vertical networks in these influential areas that will benefit both advertisers and publishers."
Reuters is aiming to use the vertical networks to drive commercial digital strategy across EMEA.
Robert Proctor, head of EMEA at Adify, said the deal highlighted the growing important of niche content.
He said: "Publishers are becoming more and more aware of the need to embrace niche content partners and building complementary networks as a means of extending the value that they offer to advertisers.
"Adify provides the technology and expertise for brand marketers to reach large and elusive online audiences that are associated with high value, trusted brands, while enabling those brands to leverage their editorial expertise and sales resources."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Stunning Agency - Central London - to £65k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £65k, Central London
- Planner - Superb London Agency - to £55k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £55k + great benefits, W1
- Planner - Integrated Agency - Central London - c£50k + Fill Recruitment Ltd £50k +, Central London
- Account Manager - Dynamic London Agency - c£30k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£30k, Central London
- Account Manager - Excellent London Agency - to £32k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £32k, West London
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London