Reuters partners with Adify for vertical ad networks
LONDON - News service Reuters is to aggregate content from small- and medium-sized publishers on its website, and sell the ad space around it using vertical advertising created by Adify Corporation.
The content areas, which will launch on Reuters.co.uk and other Reuters sites in Europe, the Middle East and Africa next month, include personal finance, automotive, football and newsblogs.
The networks will contain high-quality content that Reuters will aggregate to build scalable and targeted opportunities for advertisers.
Adify will create the vertical advertising networks which will allow Reuters to package and sell high-value brand ad programmes and extend its community activities.
Tim Faircliff, general manager for consumer media UK & EMEA at Reuters, said: "Increased fragmentation across the web presents a major commercial opportunity for Reuters.
"Our relationship with Adify is a key milestone in taking advantage of the changes which are currently occurring in the digital space, and provides Reuters with the expertise and platform to build vertical networks in these influential areas that will benefit both advertisers and publishers."
Reuters is aiming to use the vertical networks to drive commercial digital strategy across EMEA.
Robert Proctor, head of EMEA at Adify, said the deal highlighted the growing important of niche content.
He said: "Publishers are becoming more and more aware of the need to embrace niche content partners and building complementary networks as a means of extending the value that they offer to advertisers.
"Adify provides the technology and expertise for brand marketers to reach large and elusive online audiences that are associated with high value, trusted brands, while enabling those brands to leverage their editorial expertise and sales resources."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London