Brazilian creative appointed president of Direct Lions Jury
LONDON - Marcio Salem, president and creative director of Brazil-based creative agency Salem, has been named Direct Lions Jury President for the 55th Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival.
Salem, who is a former recipient of a Direct Lions award, will oversee the awards process for the June ceremony, succeeding David Verklin, chief executive officer of Carat Americas and Carat Asia Pacific, who was jury president last year.
He set up Salem in 1993 in Sao Paulo, and was on the first Cannes Direct Lions jury in 2002. He is recognised as one of the most awarded direct marketing creatives in Latin America, and became the youngest professional to be inducted to Brazil's Direct Marketing Hall of Fame in 2006.
Last year, Salem received an Irving Wunderman Award for his work in direct marketing over the previous 10 years.
Philip Thomas, festival chief executive officer at Cannes Direct Lions, said: "Marcio is a talented creative visionary who is helping shape the future of direct marketing. No stranger to collecting Direct Lions in Cannes, Marcio will this year draw on his expertise to help hand them out."
The deadline for this year's direct nominations is March 14, and the festival will take place on June 15-21.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Account Director - top agency in Leeds Perfect Marketing People To £60k, Leeds
- Assistant Brand Manager AF Selection £mid 20's, West Midlands
- Digital Senior Account Manager - top agency nr Chester Perfect Marketing People To £35k, Chester