Brazilian creative appointed president of Direct Lions Jury
LONDON - Marcio Salem, president and creative director of Brazil-based creative agency Salem, has been named Direct Lions Jury President for the 55th Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival.
Salem, who is a former recipient of a Direct Lions award, will oversee the awards process for the June ceremony, succeeding David Verklin, chief executive officer of Carat Americas and Carat Asia Pacific, who was jury president last year.
He set up Salem in 1993 in Sao Paulo, and was on the first Cannes Direct Lions jury in 2002. He is recognised as one of the most awarded direct marketing creatives in Latin America, and became the youngest professional to be inducted to Brazil's Direct Marketing Hall of Fame in 2006.
Last year, Salem received an Irving Wunderman Award for his work in direct marketing over the previous 10 years.
Philip Thomas, festival chief executive officer at Cannes Direct Lions, said: "Marcio is a talented creative visionary who is helping shape the future of direct marketing. No stranger to collecting Direct Lions in Cannes, Marcio will this year draw on his expertise to help hand them out."
The deadline for this year's direct nominations is March 14, and the festival will take place on June 15-21.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Creative Artworker: InDesign,Illustrator,Photoshop,Typography Creative Recruitment £26000 - £30000 per annum, Surrey
- Account Manager - Communication/ Branding to £35k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, London