Publicis Groupe acquires Californian sustainability agency
SAN FRANCISCO - Publicis Groupe has acquired San Francisco-based sustainability and environmental agency Act Now Productions for an undisclosed sum.
The agency, which will be integrated into the group's Saatchi & Saatchi S Network, specialises in providing clients with advice and consultancy in balancing and improving sustainability levels and environmental initiatives.
Adam Werbach, co-founder of Act Now Productions and current member of the international board of Greenpeace, has been made chief executive officer of Saatchi & Saatchi S. He will report directly to Andy Murray, global chief executive officer of Saatchi & Saatchi X, the shopper marketing agency.
It is understood the consultancy will adopt the Saatchi & Saatchi S name and integrate into other core Saatchi & Saatchi services, including brand navigation, planning and creative work.
Meanwhile, Saatchi & Saatchi S, which already has offices in San Francisco, will offer further sustainability services, including product and brand innovation and consumer retail communication.
Maurice Levy, chairman and chief executive officer of Publicis Groupe, said: "Companies have a critical role to play in reducing CO2 emissions, in protecting the environment, and in taking corporate social responsibility seriously.
"The expertise of Saatchi & Saatchi S will allow them to understand these issues in a strategic way and help them find real solutions adapted to their needs, while communicating in an efficient and effective way."
Last week Publicis announced a tie up with Google and said that the two would swap staff and resources.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire