WPP continues Indian expansion with joint venture
LONDON - Millward Brown, the market research company owned by WPP Group, is upping its growing presence in India through a joint venture with Indian research company IMRB.
Millward Brown is to take a majority share in the business, which is set to open offices in Mumbai, New Delhi and Bangalore.
The company, which will be called Millward Brown India, will be headed up by Shishir Varma, who was previously president of Millward Brown Japan. He will be managing director of the joint venture.
Varma will report into Travyn Rhall, chief executive of Millward Brown Africa Asia Pacific.
Eileen Campbell, chief executive of Millward Brown, said: "In recent years, India has become an extremely important global business player.
"This is why we felt the time was right to set up a standalone Millward Brown company -- one that focuses on using Millward Brown's expertise in the brands, media and communications space to help local and multinational marketers build and grow their brands."
Varma said: "Another key focus for us will be to contribute to the continuing development of the industry by giving market research professionals a rewarding and challenging career in this new company."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Category Insight Manager - 12 mths contract Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£50K-£56K + Benefits + Generous Bonus, Herts/North of London
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham